Thursday, December 13, 2007

Music in 2007

I'm pretty sure I sat down and listened to maybe like 4 2007 albums in 2007. I heard lots of 2007 songs in 2007 in various kinds of contexts (the store, the radio, the computer, my friend's house, the cellphone in the hand of the dude sitting next to me on the bus, the headphones in the ears of the dude sitting next to the dude sitting next to me, etc.). I am very bad at having favorites, and furthermore, in 2007 I have done almost nothing to cultivate anything like a position of authority on the subject of what's been good in 2007. So in lieu of my opinions, I link to this:

because what I want to read is an article by someone who finds occasion to be expansive and critical and interesting without saying some bullshit like "everything sucked about music in 2007." Because people do say things like that. And years are fairly arbitrary markers anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Why did nobody tell me you had a blog until now? You gotsta promote, yo.

December 13, 2007 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger JDS said...

Jon May? Is that you?

At some point maybe I'll do more in the way of promotions. Maybe I'll learn how to use things like tags and trackback and other goodies. For now I'm inconsistent and I figure I'll wait until I have a little more archived to start mentioning it widely. Otherwise it's like, I have 3 posts and someone comments on the third and then I get all psyched and then I lose my one reader by not posting again for a while. On the other hand, if I direct people here and there's a substantial amount of words, then even if I don't post something for a week people might be more inclined to believe in me and have a little patience. Yep.

December 13, 2007 at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home